Sri Sri Lalitha Maha Tripurasundari Para Bhattarika with Her consort Sri Maha Kaameshwara has chosen her divine abode in Winston Salem to bless her devotees in NC and the entire Universe. By Her grace and blessings, last two years, Devotees were able to organize Sri Lalitha Koti Nama parayana and Ashta Dasa Maha shakthi peetha Sri Lalitha Maha Yagnams, Sri Vishnu Koti Nama parayana and Dasavatara Sri Maha Vishnu Yagnams. Devotees from all over the world participated in this Divine worship. Many devotees appreciated and wanted to continue these noble divine activities every year.
In order to continue and expand our divine and spiritual activities, the devotees felt the necessity to have a registered non-profit organization to carry out these activities. Sri Mata Shakthipeetham of North Carolina is now a tax-exempt registered Non Profit Organization striving to meet the community’s Religious, Spiritual, Cultural, Artistic and Literary Needs by the IRS under section 501(c)(3). (IRS Tax ID. 47-2244620) All contributions are tax deductible. It is a non-profit organization run by devotees for devotees.
Mission: The mission of this organization is to establish Sri Mata Shakthipeetham for the Hindu community of North Carolina, offer worship, and conduct pujas.
· To organize special pujas during Vasanta Navaratri, Shraavana Masa, Sharan Navaratri and Kaartheeka Masa.
· To organize Satyanarayana Puja, Sri Lalitha Sahasranama Parayana, Sri Vishnu Sahasranama Parayana, Somavara and Pradosha Abhishekam, ekadasa Rudrabhishekam to Lord Maha Kaameshwara, special Abhishekam to Sri Mahameru and Sri Lalithaambika on Pournami days.
· To organize yearly, Sri Lalitha Maha Yagnam and Sri Vishnu Maha Yagnam for the Universal welfare, peace and happiness.
Main Objectives: The objectives of Sri Mata Shakthipeetham of North Carolina shall include, but shall not be limited to:
· To build a place of worship for Hindus in Triad Area according to Agama Sastras (in a traditional way) in all religious, charitable and educational dimensions and perform and uphold Hindu religious activities as defined in Vedas.
· Communicate and promote the distinct religion, philosophy and culture of the Hindus for advancement of Hindu Religion.
· Impart the knowledge of Yoga and meditation for the development of the body, mind and soul.
· Promote study of Vedas and teach classical language "Sanskrit" and other major Indian languages.
· Promote Indian classical music, dance and other arts.